Friday, July 7, 2017

We are here!

We made it! I am sure you have heard about all the issues on flights lately....fights, 2 yr olds being bumped, overheating baby, etc....happy to say, we had none of those issues...we had a lovely flight over the Atlantic and safely landed in London where we were greeted with about a 45 minute line to get through immigration. No problem....nobody rowdy or upset. After gathering our luggage we were off on a just under 2 hour bus ride to Southampton. I really should have done some research on Southampton, it looks like a lovely little town. 

We got to board the ship immediately. Quite a big ship at that! 

I just went for a walk to check things out! Unlike Princess Cruise, no opening day scavenger hunt designed to teach you the ship better. After a quick bite to eat, our staterooms were ready...but unfortunately over an hour later...still no luggage. For those of you unaware, I have had some luggage issues in the past, so hopefully they will arrive, or look for me to be wearing a lot of Royal Caribbean attire when I return! 
The ship has a ton of activities, from Flowrider (AKA wave ridder at the Park) to a kids splash zone,



 a rock climbing wall, a golf simulator...and....a mini golf course - can't wait to take Erin and Bryan to do mini golf. My nickname is now Trey due to all my 3 putting, at least now I would have an excuse for a 3 putt...."the windmill was too fast!". Thank goodness, I didn't see any sand...on the golf course that is!

In another hour, we have our emergency drill, then we set sail for Bruges Belgium. Can't wait to see Belgium, I have heard beautiful things about the country. Keep your fingers crossed my luggage shows up!

Here are a few more pictures of the ship.

And we're off..to Bruges. My typical sail away drink...strawberry smoothie with an extra 🍒....3 servings of fruit right there! 

2 comments:

  1. have an amazing time!!! can't wait to see more pictures! :)
    Mona and Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if a smoothie counts as 3 servings of fruit but nice try....:) Ship looks amazing and glad you had safe travels getting there!

    ReplyDelete

Normandy

Le Havre As I mentioned yesterday, we changed our excursion to D-Day Beaches due to concerns of what we actually would be able to see in ...